Friday, April 5, 2013

SOME EXCITING NEWS

Last week, Collin from Salvage One had contacted me about making a live edge conference table for them.
 Yesterday, I made it over to the store which I have never been to. If you have never been either, you should go. The space in and of itself is amazing, and the relics that they have yanked out of the dirty corners of nearly every Chicago basement are stunning.
 During my tour of the place, we came upon a agreement in which they will retail my stuff, and on occasion, I will build for them in their shop with their materials.
 After I left, I was slightly conflicted by my decision.
The thought of building for someone else kind of freaked me out.
 As I tossed and turned in bed last night over the issue, I came to the conclusion that the only thing skewing my decision was my ego.
 First of all, everyone I met there was super nice, and if they weren't, I'd be blogging about a hand made Adze that was made for me by a blacksmith this morning.
 Second, I hunt for my materials for my builds, and with them, I have 2 lifetimes worth of working materials at my finger tips. That alone will allow me to expand in what I build for them as well as in what I build for Breclaimed.
 Third...It's all the same shit except some pieces will have a "B" on it and some pieces won't.
In the end, it's a win-win for everyone, and I get to be around creative people while honing my craft.
 Just at a different address.

No comments:

Post a Comment