Thursday, May 23, 2013

BEFORE AND AFTER


I won't be nominated for any design awards or creative engineering praises for this one,
 None the less, I knew I was going to have a busy week and still wanted to keep the machine moving forward. Sometimes you have to move backwards to move forward.
 It ended up a fun little table.
After grinding and polishing 50 plus years of paint and rust from the table base, I decided to go with a fire engine red. I'm a big fan of bare steel, but this needed a little funk.
 The top is walnut, and I did my best to match the grain because every time I join wood, my father in law shows me how I SHOULD have joined it...after the fact.
 I threw a Cherry Dutchman joint dead center just because nothing screams "handmade" quite like that little detail.
 Although I'm happy with the end result, it did make me want to take on a more involved project.
Not only was it a cute little table, but it was a good kick in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment