Monday, May 20, 2013

DIGGING

Sunday morning I dropped off the bench at Salvage One and began to sift through their explosion of materials.
 I could spend 2 or 3 hours digging through this place.
Unfortunately, I had about a 15 minute window because our hot water heater at home decided to bitch out.
 I never have a piece in mind when I hunt for material. It's like you pick up a chunk of wood and within a glance, you have to morph this nothing into something. It's not easy.
 If I had the time to lay out a bunch of good looking material, grab a cup of coffee, and pace in front of it for awhile...the outcome could be amazing.
 But I didn't. I had 15 minutes.
Luckily I found a nice piece of walnut, and a stack of 1960's table bases.
 My stuff is pretty rustic, and I like that, but I'm gonna try to go a little more sleek with this one.
On another note....I woke up this morning feeling a little rough, but someone left a comment on the birthday blog that inspired me more then I inspire them.
 As I stated before, I could care less if I ever sold a piece. I never started doing this thinking "i'm gonna make some money with this shit!" I started doing it because whenever I'm working on a piece...the whole world makes sense. And then it's done and I get depressed and cry all over a blog about it, but that's not the point.
 So to the guy who posted the comment...thank you sir. My work is only as good as what someone else is able to take from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment