Monday, May 6, 2013

"SALVAGE"

This weekend I made it over to Salvage One to sift through a mountain of material.
 The concept of this endeavor is this...They give me material, I build whatever I want, they sell it, we split it...a pretty perfect union.
 For my first run, I grabbed the lost cause material.
I grabbed a beam that should really just be in a landfill, and some stair railing end parts that have no business anywhere else but on a set of stairs.
 Somehow I am going to make a bench from these orphaned materials.
I haven't pinned down exactly how, but after a few more pots of coffee,  a couple of packs of cigarettes, and some serious reckless eye-balling, I think I can bring this patient back to life.
 My little guy is confident in me, so there's no way I'll let him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment