Monday, July 8, 2013

NOTHING LAZY ABOUT LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER.

Where exactly does the "lazy" part come around in the phrase "lazy days of summer"?
 In between backyard camping, bar-b-que's, water parks, and a insane work load, I managed to get all the steel for the work table cut and polished, as well as a new hickory drawer front made.
 The table had a pretty big chip in the left corner, so I made a contraption to hold a mallet.
Not only did that contraption solve my chip problem, but I can't tell you how much time I spend looking for that mallet when I'm working, so now...it has a home, and I think it looks pretty cool too.
 All that's left is attaching all the steel, a good sanding, and a finish coat.
If I had my shop space, this would have been a 3 day build as opposed to a month.
 I'm kind of over stressing out about a shop space. As great as it would be, everything happens exactly as it's supposed to. Instead of looking ahead, I'm learning to be present in the "now".
 I haven't decided if I'm going to sell this piece yet either. With each step closer to completion, the more attached I get to it. Now that I have more time to stack away cash for rent, and summer side jobs being abundant, there is absolutely no urgency to put this one on the show room floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment