Tuesday, September 17, 2013

STORM CHASING

My guy dropped off another table.
 This one is going to be more of a challenge because it's pretty...whatever.
Don't get me wrong, it's cool, and super heavy, but there's no "WOW" factor, so I have to create it.
 There was a steel top on it that I already cut off. I really wanted to get the paint stripped off before the rain, so I could let it rust outside, but I think I'm going to have to do the old Muriatic acid trick.
 I have a lot of ideas to make this more appealing as well as useful, the problem is that I really hate buying materials for pieces like this. I'd much rather just come across something that works for it.
 It's funny how the universe works, because more often then not, something will fall into my lap.
I've never had so many projects going on at the same time, and I'm not sure if that works to my advantage . If anything, it's a exercise in patience.
 I would love for the day when I can dedicate all my work time to these pieces. At this point, I pick away here and there until I get to the home stretch, then I go full retard to get it done. It's a sucky formula, but it's the only one that I have to work with.
 There's a couple of things on the horizon that I'm excited about.
Phil Cisco from Maximum Tattoo is doing a logo for me. Once that is done, I'm having this guy Santiago from Brooklyn screen printing me cloth furniture tags as well as some t shirts.
 I've had a couple other people working on logos, but I'm not the guy that is gonna pester someone to do something for me. I check in on progress a couple of times, and if nothing happens...I leave it alone. These are friends who were doing stuff that never came to be, and it's not worth it to get worked up over it. People have lives, and shit going on...I get it. If I hired some hot shit designer to do something, and had to wait months, I could promise you that there would be a "hot shit designer" in an emergency room somewhere, having a computer removed from his rectum.
 You get what you pay for, and if you paid nothing, you should expect nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment