Monday, November 4, 2013

OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE

My projects are haunting me.
 All weekend I've been obsessing about them.
They've gone through so many changes in my head, and this morning I finally pulled the trigger on the copper top cart.
 I decided to go with copper boat nails and roves. A copper nail with a rove (it's like a washer) acts as a copper rivet in hand boat building. They're expensive, but necessary.
 I know a lot of people shit their pants when they see the prices on some of this stuff, but before you soil your chonies, you have to understand this...In SOME cases, not all, but some, a lot of research goes into a project. I've done so much research on fucking boat nails, that I feel compelled to build a boat (if a talking rock tells me to gather one of each animal on earth, then Houston, we have a problem)
 There have been some pieces that I've made, that when you add up time and materials, I've made a total of about $7 per hour off a piece.
 So why do it?
Labor of love. I love doing this. If you love what you do, then it's not "work".
 There is also a balance that one has to embrace, and learning that balance takes time and patience.
The balance is this...for every piece that I eat shit on, another one de-shits it.
 Most of the ones where I financially lost on, have opened new doors or opportunities or learning experiences.
 So, that's that. I thought I'd throw it out there. A informed customer is a happy customer.
I got the stickers printed up. I'm not that happy with the actual printing quality, but you get what you pay for. If you want a few to slap on your kids lunchbox, email me a mailing address and I'll send em' off.   breclaimed@gmail.com
 Have a good Monday if that's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment