Sunday, July 27, 2014

THE THINGS YOU DO FOR LOVE

Yep...that's me on the left...for about 30 minutes on a 90 degree day with 100% humidity, I strapped on a bunch of thick foam and nylon and became Leonardo of the infamous Ninja Turtles.
 It was my nephews birthday, and he and my son are like brothers.
When you visit my blog for the first time and my ugly mug pops up, you probably thought to yourself "what is this inmate all about?!"
 I'm about family.
There's nothing I wouldn't do for them, especially the little ones.
 In fact, last year for his birthday...I....was....ELMO.
If this furniture business all goes in the crapper, I at least have something to fall back on. Be warned...I draw the line at clowns and princess's.
 Earlier in the day I picked up a bunch of free steel stock from my welding teacher, hit the shop to work on a lamp for my boss, and finish up a project that I was doing for a friend's art piece.
 I have to say, although it's nearly impossible to see out of those giant foam heads, the joy that children exude when a guy walks in wearing a costume of their favorite hero, is unimaginable.
 For that brief visit, they truly believe a Ninja Turtle is in their very yard, visiting them on their birthday.
It's amazing.
 In a world full of distractions, those kids define the meaning of "being in the moment".
My son couldn't stop telling me about his encounter with the Ninja Turtles, and later that night we were sitting on the steps and I was telling him to always "be in the moment...every moment", because when they're gone, they're gone. Max looked me dead in the eyes and said "I will NEVER forget tonight DaDa."
Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment