Monday, January 23, 2017

I'M THE FUCKING PRESIDENT


Man...what a week.
 Things started off well until Tuesday when I got home from work.
Kicked off the boots, hopped in the shower and realized I felt kinda weird.
 Made my boy some dinner and afterwards while we were walking the dog, I started puking like the fuckin' Exorcist. I made it back in the house and hugged the toilet bowl for about 20 minutes, My boy checked on me periodically to make sure I wasn't dead.
 The next morning I text Zack to inform him I wouldn't be in.
I've taken one day off in the last 2 years, and on this day, I stayed in bed until my son got home from school.
 I made him dinner to which he shortly launched it directly in my lap.
I was on the mend, but he had it bad.
 I made it to work the next day feeling like utter shit, but we knocked out a little job for VH1, and the minute we wrapped, I headed home to play nurse.
Thursday and Friday we wrapped up a couple giant 4X8 butcher block prep tables and a little coffee prep table for the bakery build out.
 Friday on my way home from work it hit me...Donald Trump became the president of the United States of America, Really? The dude from Home Alone 2, and the TV show that fires people, THAT is the dude driving the bus now?
 Don't get all fuckin worked up, because the people that love him...they would suck his dick on the 50 yard line at the Superbowl, and the people that hate him, would mutilate their own genitalia on the same 50 yard line. The relationship with this guy is an extreme love/hate, and I for one put zero energy into liking or disliking this president or any other president.
 In my house, in my world...I'm the fuckin' president.
I'm responsible for keeping 2 humans, 1 dog, and 1 bird, happy and healthy, alive and well.
 Be the president of your own life.
Once you become president of your own life, ask yourself "am I a good president?".
 We're so easily distracted by "issues" and seldom do we conquer our own issues.
How can you act globally when your own life is a disaster. How can you put any faith in a government that only acknowledges you by your social security number and your tax returns?
 You're a 9 digit number to the powers that be, but I'm "Brian" and "Dad' to the people in MY "country".
The pot has finally boiled over in our country, and the proof of that happened on Saturday when an entire fucking gender took to the streets.
 The beauty of those marches was that they weren't necessarily protesting Donald Trump per se, it was a show of voice, it was an unprecedented show of unity, it was a sign of a undeniable force.
 We need more of that.
People need to stand up more and in numbers to make sure the governing body does right by the people,
and WE...need to get our shit together.
 Some of you will say that I'm being selfish by retracting into my own little world and claiming to be president. Allow me to explain...
 We live in a country where people are STILL being judged by skin color and by what does or doesn't dangle between their legs. How fucking ridiculous is that? What is even more pathetic is that, THAT is the core...the fucking CORE of a lot of the issues.
 I don't wanna play with you guys. If that's your mindset....enjoy the sandbox all by yourselves.
Some of you will get my point, and some won't. The beauty of a blog is that the shit I write isn't up for discussion. You read it, take from it what you will, and move along.
 President Brian fuckin' McQuaid...signing off.

1 comment:

  1. I love you man! P. S. I marched along with my wife & daughter in Boston on Sunday. It was magnificent and yougot it right.

    ReplyDelete